If you have been following me on YouTube you might know that I am on a diet. And not a normal diet but the one where I don’t need to restrict calories – its called Potato Diet. Watch my video about it here.
In short, I decided to eat nothing but potatoes and non-starchy vegetables for 30 days and document my progress. Potato cleanse is going really well and I am feeling lighter already. I am experiencing some detox symptoms too which is expected and I’m glad I do as it means it is working.
I would like to share this recipe with you of my new favourite breakfast. I came up with it a few days ago. It is so delicious that I have been eating it every day since!
- 3 small potatoes
- onion granules
- smoked paprika
- Grate potatoes (With skins as skins have lots of nutrients), add herbs and spices, mix.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan.
- Take a handful of grated potatoes, squeeze out the liquid and lay flat on the pan about 1 cm thick. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to flatten and press.
- Continue adding more potatoes to create one pancake.
- Fry for a few minutes on each side until golden and cooked inside. The pan I use is quite wide so my pancakes never look perfectly round.
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 courgette
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- fresh basil
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Use a potato peeler to peel courgette into noodles.
- Add water, courgette, tomato sauce and basil to a pan and cook for 5 mins.
- When courgette is cooked add spinach, mix together until spinach gets soft and take the sauce off the stove.
- For the extra thickness and cheesy flavour add nutritional yeast.
- Spread the sauce on top of the potato pancake and garnish with sliced cherry tomato and yellow bell pepper.
Have a lovely day, Marina xx