Would you like to know what is the difference between almond and cow’s milk? Here are few facts:
- It takes significantly less land and water to produce almond milk and the process generates a lot less CO2. To feed and grow cattle a football stadium size of rainforest is destroyed every few seconds. And think of all that Methane!
- Dairy milk has been shown to leach calcium from the bones and cause higher incidents of bone fractures. Almond milk does not rob nutrients from the body.
- Almond milk is rich in heart-healthy mono- and polyunsaturated fats, while the fat in cow’s milk is primarily saturated fat. Getting too much saturated fat in your diet may boost your risk of heart disease.
- Due to factory farming, many cows suffer from clinical mastitis leading to pus cells ending up in every glass of milk. No pass in almond or any other plant-based milk.
- Almond milk can be made fresh in 10 mins in every household with a blender. Getting fresh, raw or at least unhomogenised organic dairy milk can be a challenge.
- Lactose in cow’s milk can cause allergies and problems with digestion, especially in adults. No lactose in almond milk.
- Fresh cow’s milk is not legal (for human babies) it’s not chemically right (for human babies) it’s not ethically right (a dairy cow’s life is worse than beef cow, worked into exhaustion and then turned into burgers). No ethical consequences of drinking almond milk.
- Cow’s milk is full of endogenous sex hormones (Oestrogen), birth control worth amounts. No Oestrogen in almond milk.
- By purchasing dairy milk you support one of the cruellest and environmentally destroying industries in the world. No global warning announcements from almond growing industry yet.
You can find how to make almond milk here.
Have a beautiful day, Marina x