I can never understand why some store bought almond milks taste so awful. I feel sorry for those who try almond milk as their first ever plantbased milk, it would put me off forever. Ok, there are a few good ones out there, I’m slightly exaggerating. Anyway, raw almond milk tastes nothing like the ones in shops and I want to make my own as much as possible. It takes a bit of prep, but the taste is totally worth it. I love it in tea and I love it on its own.
Here is how to make it:
1. Soak 100g of almonds overnight
2. Rinse them in the morning, add to a blender
3. Add 1 litre of filtered water
4. Blend for about a minute, depends how powerful your blender is. If you have Vitamin you might only need 30 secs
5. Strain through a nut milk bag or a cheese cloth
I never add dates or sugar because when I do (those two times) I drink the entire litre of milk in one evening. Too delicious! If you wish to make almond milk sweeter, pour it back in the blender, add 1-2 dates and/or some vanilla. That’s it. It should last for about 3-5 days in the fridge. I normally run out before it goes off.
Have a beautiful day, Marina x